This is a simple dish that reminds me of the beef stroganoff from my youth!
Vegan Saucy Mushrooms
1. Chop 1/2 small onion.
2. Clean and slice 1 pound crimini mushrooms.
3. In a cast iron skillet, brown the onion in 1 T oil, then add the mushrooms. Stir occasionally.
4. As mushrooms cook down, sprinkle with 1 t. granulated garlic, 1 t. salt, 1/2 t. pepper. Stir and continue to cook until desired softness is reached.
5. In a bowl, mix together 1/2 container Tofutti sour cream, 3 T. soy sauce, 1 T. vegan worcesertshire sauce.
6. When the mushrooms are done cooking, stir them together with the sauce in a serving bowl.
This is shown on top of white rice. It would also be great over hot cooked egg-less noodles, brown rice, etc. My kids prefer it sprinkled with Cholula hot sauce for an extra kick! Serves 4.